The Trust shall have the following as its objectives:
- The Kala Chaupal and it’s Artist Residencies encourage and promote collaborations between contemporary art practices and traditional arts, crafts, culture and practices;
- To promote, educate and mentor youth to aspire and actively pursue inclusive and collaborative arts and crafts practices;
- To foster knowledge exchanges between different disciplines of contemporary arts and artists, by organizing-talks, discussions, moderated panels, conferences, seminars, expositions, workshops;
- To inspire the establishment of arts and design incubation centers for raising the artistic taste;
- To publish literature on art including monographs, journals etc.
- To inculcate a new generation of artists and artisans by giving them inclusive avenues;
- To affect skill transfer pertaining to arts and crafts amongst communities of indigenous master craftsmen, painters, and sculptors to a younger generation of adoptees (guru-shishya).
- To give stipends, scholarships, travel expenses, allowances and monetary aids to artists and artisans in India and abroad engaged in any of the pursuits referred to in sub-clause (i).
- To encourage artistic collaborations to address local issues and environmental concerns;
- To promote visual art in public spaces.
- To give donations, subscriptions or contributions to any other charitable trust;
- To do all such other acts either on its own or in conjunction with other organizations of persons as
the Trustees may consider necessary, incidental or conducive to the fulfillment of above-said objectives.